RTOS to Linux Migration Essentials
A comparison of embedded Linux environments with legacy real-time operating systems (RTOS). A strategy for migrating applications is discussed.
The RTOS to Linux Migration Essentials course provides a comparison of embedded Linux environments with legacy real-time operating systems (RTOS) in terms of features, memory model, scheduling algorithms, threading models, and I/O systems. A strategy for migrating applications is discussed.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- List top considerations for starting a Linux project.
- Describe the Linux kernel and architecture.
- Apply RTOS to Linux application porting guidelines.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers or managers with experience in existing RTOS development environments, such as VxWorks or pSOS, who are evaluating migration to an embedded Linux environment
- This two-day expert-led course consists of lectures.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River® technologies.
- Linux in Embedded/Real-Time Systems
- Developing Embedded Linux Applications
- Root File System
- Linux Kernel
- Memory Management
- Linux Processes and Threads
- Linux Scheduling
- IPC and Synchronization
- Linux Timers
- Drivers and I/O
- RTOS to Linux Application Porting Guidelines
- Familiarity with typical RTOS environments, including tasks and tasks scheduling, synchronization, mutual exclusion, interrupt handling and scheduling, device drivers and general I/O, and boot loaders
- Familiarity with cross-development tools and procedures such as compilers and binary utilities
- General knowledge of the Linux environment
Interested in our e-Learning? Subscribe with the button below!Subscribe Now
Live Training events coming soon!
Interested in private training?
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information