Safety Profile for VxWorks 7 = Add-on module =
Acquire the skills necessary to use Safety Profile for VxWorks to build and configure systems that include one or multiple instances of the Real-Time Network Stack.
The Safety Profile for VxWorks® 7 course provides engineers familiar with existing VxWorks products with a fast, cost-effective way to acquire the skills necessary to use Safety Profile for VxWorks to build and configure systems that include one or multiple instances of the Real-Time Network Stack.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Implement RTP time partition scheduling
- Implement RTP access control for resources and system calls
- Build a certifiable Safety Profile system
- Set and use a JSON configuration file
- Configure and start the RTNET stack in the kernel
- Configure and start the RTNET stack in an RTP
- Safety Profile for VxWorks 7
- Wind River® Workbench 4
- Wind River Simics® 4.8 (as simulated targets for labs)
Who Should Attend
- Developers who will work with Safety Profile and Real-Time Network Stack
- New project members on teams already using Safety Profile or Real-Time Network Stack
- Senior engineers who want to evaluate Safety Profile and Real-Time Network Stack technologies
- This one-day, expert-led add-on session consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Attendees use VxWorks 7, Safety Profile for VxWorks, Wind River Workbench 4, and Wind River Simics to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants examine and exercise simulated target systems in hands-on labs.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River technologies.
- This course is only available as an add-on session to augment other Wind River courses. It is not available as a standalone course.
Safety Profile for VxWorks 7
- RTP time partition scheduling
- Access control for public objects, directories, and files
- Access control for memory resources
- Access control for system calls
- Certifiable Safety Profile configuration
- LAB: Using the Time Partition Scheduler
- LAB: Building a Certifiable Safety Profile System
VxWorks 7 Real-time Network Stack
- RTNET stack overview
- RTNET configuration file
- Running the RTNET stack in the kernel
- Running the RTNET stack in RTPs
- RTNET stack and certification
- LAB: Using the Real-Time Network Stack in an RTP
- C programming experience, including familiarity with basic control structures, pointers, structures, and preprocessor commands
- Functional knowledge of Linux or Windows host operating systems
- Basic VxWorks development experience
Interested in our e-Learning? Subscribe with the button below!Subscribe Now
Live Training events coming soon!
Interested in private training?
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information