VxWorks 5 and Tornado Essentials
Provides engineers with the skills to develop real-time applications with Tornado.
The VxWorks® 5.x and Tornado Essentials course provides engineers with a fast, cost-effective way to acquire the skills to develop real-time applications with Tornado.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Take a requirement specification to a working application
- Design, develop, debug, build, and test real-time applications with VxWorks
- Manage memory, inter-task communications, and exceptions effectively
- VxWorks 5.5
- Tornado 2.2
Who Should Attend
- Developers who work with Tornado and VxWorks
- New project members on teams using Wind River® products
- This four-day expert-led course consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Attendees use VxWorks 5.5 and Tornado 2.2 to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants examine and exercise simulated network topologies in hands-on labs.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River technologies.
- Tornado components
- Getting help
- Booting VxWorks
- Target server and agent
- Launcher and Tornado development environment
- Bootable projects and VxWorks configuration
- Integrated simulator
- Downloadable projects
- Build specifications
- WindSh commands and usage
- Starting a debugging session
- Basic debugger commands
- Customizing CrossWind
- System-level debugging
- Task scheduling
- Task creation
- Task management
- Additional task context
- System tasks
Wind River System Viewer
- Configuring Wind River system viewer events
- Binary semaphores and synchronization
- Mutual exclusion semaphores
- Shared memory
- Message queues
- Memory allocation
- Memory partitions
- Event register
- Task synchronization
Exceptions Interrupts and Timers
- Exception handling and signals
- ISR basics
- System clock and watchdog timers
- Including/excluding VxWorks facilities
- VxWorks initialization code
- Linking application code with VxWorks
- One year C programming
- Basic understanding of operating systems and debugging techniques
- Functional knowledge of UNIX or Windows NT
Interested in our e-Learning? Subscribe with the button below!Subscribe Now
Live Training events coming soon!
Interested in private training?
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information