VxWorks 653 3.x Multi-Core Edition Board Support Packages
Acquire the skills necessary to modify and extend the BSP for an integrated modular avionics (IMA) VxWorks system.
The VxWorks® 653 3.x Multi-Core Edition Board Support Packages course provides engineers with a fast, cost-effective way to acquire the skills necessary to modify and extend the BSP for an integrated modular avionics (IMA) VxWorks system.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Develop drivers for the POS
- Understand the driver initialization sequence during system boot
- Pick an appropriate IMA driver model for a VxWorks 653 ARINC system
- VxWorks 653 3.x Multi-core Edition (version 18.104.22.168)
Who Should Attend
- Device driver developers
- BSP developers
- System architects
- This two-day, expert-led course consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Attendees use VxWorks 653 3.x Multi-core Edition to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants examine and exercise simulated network topologies in hands-on labs.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River® technologies.
VxWorks 653 MCE Architecture
- Architectural design
- Platform variants
- Devices, contexts, and scheduler
- Interfaces and capabilities
- LAB: Exploring a VxWorks 653 MCE Architecture
VxWorks 653 MCE Boot Sequence
- BSP structure
- Building MOS BSP
- LAB: Exploring a VxWorks 653 MCE Boot Sequence
VxWorks 653 MCE Device Drivers
- Device types
- I/O model
- Access to device resources
- LAB: Adding a VxWorks 653 MCE Device Driver
VxWorks 653 MCE Inter-Partition Communication
- Safe IPC
- LAB: Communicating Between Partitions with Safe IPC
VxWorks 653 MCE Debug Shell
- Debug agent
- wrdbg shell
- wrhv shell
- LAB: Using VxWorks 653 MCE Debug Shells
VxWorks 653 MCE Health Monitoring
- Health monitoring
- Adding a custom event handler
- LAB: Using a VxWorks 653 MCE Health Monitor
POS Device Driver Integration
- Generic devices (IO model and custom driver)
- Serial devices (SIO model)
- Network devices (END model)
- LAB: Polling the Serial Device
VxWorks 653 MCE Hardware Monitor (Optional)
- LAB: Using VxWorks 653 MCE Hardware Monitoring Tools
- Experience with VxWorks 653
- Understanding of PowerPC processor architecture
Interested in our e-Learning? Subscribe with the button below!Subscribe Now
Live Training events coming soon!
Interested in private training?
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information