Wind River Linux Virtualization
Become familiar with and apply Linux virtualization technologies.
The Wind River® Linux Virtualization course provides engineers familiar with existing Wind River Linux products with a fast, cost-effective way to become familiar with and apply Linux virtualization technologies.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Describe key technologies related to Linux virtualization
- Configure, build, and customize a Wind River Linux host system that can accommodate virtualized guests
- Configure, build, and customize a Wind River Linux guest system
- Wind River Linux 5.0.1
- The following lab targets are available:
- Simulated target (x64_64)
Who Should Attend
- Developers who are familiar with Wind River Linux
- Developers who are interested in employing virtualization in their devices using Linux
- This two-day expert-led course consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Attendees use Wind River Linux 5.0.1 to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants examine and exercise simulated and real hardware targets in hands-on labs.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River technologies.
Introduction to KVM
- Why virtualize?
- Virtualization timeline
- LAB: Getting started
- Linux kernel
- User space
- LAB: Using KVM/QEMU command line
- Getting started
- Networking within host
- External networking
- Optimizing network performance
- LAB: KVM networking
- LAB: Managing guests with virsh
- Directed I/O
- Hardware requirements
- HOST kernel configuration
- Run-time configuration
- What is SR-IOV?
- How do I enable it?
- Troubleshooting hints
- LAB: Using SR-IOV
- LAB: Setting up multiple guests
- Understanding of the Wind River Linux 5.x product
- Basic understanding of operating systems and debugging techniques
- Understanding of makefiles
- Functional knowledge of Linux
- One year of C or C++ programming experience on Linux/UNIX
Interested in our e-Learning? Subscribe with the button below!Subscribe Now
Live Training events coming soon!
Interested in private training?
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information