Wind River Linux Virtualization
Become familiar with and apply Linux virtualization technologies.
The Wind River® Linux Virtualization course provides engineers familiar with existing Wind River Linux products with a fast, cost-effective way to become familiar with and apply Linux virtualization technologies.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Describe key technologies related to Linux virtualization
- Configure, build, and customize a Wind River Linux host system that can accommodate virtualized guests
- Configure, build, and customize a Wind River Linux guest system
- Wind River Linux 5.0.1
- The following lab targets are available:
- Simulated target (x64_64)
Who Should Attend
- Developers who are familiar with Wind River Linux
- Developers who are interested in employing virtualization in their devices using Linux
- This two-day expert-led course consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Attendees use Wind River Linux 5.0.1 to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants examine and exercise simulated and real hardware targets in hands-on labs.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River technologies.
Introduction to KVM
- Why virtualize?
- Virtualization timeline
- LAB: Getting started
- Linux kernel
- User space
- LAB: Using KVM/QEMU command line
- Getting started
- Networking within host
- External networking
- Optimizing network performance
- LAB: KVM networking
- LAB: Managing guests with virsh
- Directed I/O
- Hardware requirements
- HOST kernel configuration
- Run-time configuration
- What is SR-IOV?
- How do I enable it?
- Troubleshooting hints
- LAB: Using SR-IOV
- LAB: Setting up multiple guests
- Understanding of the Wind River Linux 5.x product
- Basic understanding of operating systems and debugging techniques
- Understanding of makefiles
- Functional knowledge of Linux
- One year of C or C++ programming experience on Linux/UNIX
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information