Wind River Simics System Modeling
Learn to use Wind River® Simics® Model Builder for modeling systems.
This course provides engineers and system architects with a fast, cost-effective way to learn to use Wind River® Simics® Model Builder for modeling systems. Wind River Simics Model Builder is an add-on to the Wind River Simics system simulator that lets you create your own models, ranging from simple devices to complex, multi-component systems. The course explains how to build models of on-chip systems and boards from an existing set of devices and other components.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Follow the general component modeling process.
- Create hierarchical component models in Python.
- Compile components and test them for correct functionality, including Simics features like checkpointing and reverse execution.
- Wind River Simics Model Builder for Simics 4.8
Who Should Attend
- Software developers and testers
- This one-day, expert-led course consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Attendees use Wind River Simics Model Builder for Simics 4.8 to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants write, compile, and test Python code to model custom systems.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River technologies.
The System Modeling Process
- Eclipse integration
- LAB: Planning a Simics system model
- LAB: Preparing the modeling environment
Basics, Device Information, and Attributes
- Component basics
- Getting device information
- Component attributes
- LAB: Creating a component
Handling Slots, Creating Components, and Manual Testing
- Handling slots
- Compiling and creating components
- Manually testing components
- LAB: Adding slots and testing manually
- Connector concept
- Connector behavior
- Connector implementation
- Connector slots
- LAB: Adding and using a connector
GUI Integration and Machine Scripts
- GUI integration
- Machine script concept
- Machine script creation
- LAB: Modeling a board—the first iteration
Common Modeling Tasks
- Configuring memory maps
- Connecting devices
- Debugging component code
- LAB: Modeling a board—the second iteration
- Test suites
- Eclipse integration
- LAB: Automating test execution
- Some experience with embedded software development
- Python programming experience
- Basic understanding of simulation
Interested in our e-Learning? Subscribe with the button below!Subscribe Now
Live Training events coming soon!
Interested in private training?
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information