Wind River Simics System Panel
Learn to build and use Wind River Simics System Panels for simulated machines.
The Wind River Simics System Panel course provides engineers with a quick and efficient way to build and use Wind River Simics System Panels for simulated machines.
After this course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Understand the system panel architecture
- Use Simics system panel features to model items like LEDs, buttons, or multi-segment displays on the user interface of target machines
- Use various system panel layout managers
- Connect a system panel to a simulated target
- Wind River Simics 4.8
Who Should Attend
- Software developers and testers
- System integrators and testers
- This single day, expert-led course consists of lectures and lab sessions.
- Specialized topics are included in lecture and lab books, and taught depending on student preferences and available time.
- Attendees use Wind River Simics 4.8 to gain experience with the topics presented.
- Participants examine and work with Simics system panels using hands-on labs.
- Participants receive individual guidance from an expert engineer who has extensive experience with Wind River technologies.
Introduction to Simics System Panel
- System panel architecture
- System panel types
- LAB: Simics system panel basics
The System Panel Model
- Overview of the system panel model
- System panel behavior
- LAB: Investigating system panel states
Creating System Panels
- System panel creation basics
- The system panel widget set
- System panel widget types
- Implementing system panels
- LAB: System Panel Widgets
Designing a System Panel Layout
- System panel layout management
- System panel design
- LAB: Using system panel layout managers
Connecting to a Back End Target
- What to connect
- Connecting the backend target
- LAB: Connecting the back end target
- Some programming experience in Python
- Some Simics system modeling experience
Get expert training when and how you want it
Wind River Web Seminars
View free, interactive web seminars on the latest embedded software trends and technologies from Wind River®
Access the support network that provides a wide variety of useful information